Saturday 28 February 2015

Animatic




This is the animatic for my video in order to give me a rough guideline as to cuts and timings and also as to whether the song fits with my narrative/codes and conventions/ideologies. I will have to synchronise the cutting in conjunction with the beat of the drum and guitar riff - thus establishing smooth transitions between the visuals and audio to make more sense of the video and make it somewhat more aesthetic and easier to watch.

I am content with the content/narrative of the video and feel it is analogous with Ed Sheeran's video for the A Team (which I feel has a slightly similar narrative to my video in terms of isolation etc. and monochrome visual effects) which is arguably subverting a convention as Sheeran is an indie artist, however, other artists of a similar genre such as Guns N' Roses have also produced videos using this monochrome effect such as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City", although these are both performance videos, and so it could be argued that I am subverting conventions which I will go into depth about when producing my evaluation. This is essentially collating footage over the audio without having to actually film or do any production work which gives me a head start in producing my video.

Despite the fact that in my actual video I will ensure cuts are conducted over drum beats and guitar riffs to maintain smooth transitions and establish a relationship between the audio and the visuals, the transitions are not quite as smooth as there will be far more shots used in my actual video as this is just a rough guideline for me - many of the different segments of the storyboard represent two or maybe three different shots that will be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment