Friday 6 February 2015

Initial Storyboard


This is my initial toryboard for my music video. In each shot I have made relevant annotations to help convey what meaning and connotations I want to portray in the music video.

I originally wanted the video to start with merely a set of eyes making very eary, subtle lateral movements in order to create a sense of foreboding with the slow guitar riff at the beginning of the song. I would then cut to a plain black background with the bands name "The Case" in a very original, iconic typography that gives the band a brand identity and allows them to be recognised. Despite the fact I have changed my idea, this is one of the shots I wish to keep in my final cut for definite as it is an efficient method of marketing the band as it renders them with an identity, a means of recognition - this logo/sign is how they will market themselves as it will also be displayed on all ancillary texts as well.

Although I have changed my idea, I may also keep the use of an extreme close-up on some eyes in my new idea as I like the ambiguity it presents and feel it would work well given the genre and conventions of a 'heavy metal' ballad. I was origininally intending to use the eyes of the lead singer, however, now that I have developed my idea and reinvented my product, I will use the eyes of a young girl to provoke a sense of empathy from the audience as it will come across as innocent, and is almost breaking the fourth wall to gain attention/interest from the audience.

However, despite all this, I will be changing my other ideas as I will no longer be using the band in my video as I have opted to shoot a narrative video rather than a performance video. Therein, I will be uploading another comprehensive, detailed account of how I wish to shoot my video in the format of a storyboard shortly before beginning to create some mock ups for my ancilliary texts that maintain relevance to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment