Monday 27 April 2015

Digipak: Final Edit of Digipak

Below is the final edit of my digipak, the changes needed were minimal as all I needed to do was adjust the levels of opacity in the typography on the posterior panel of the digipak to make the track listings easier to decipher and make the name of the album and the band name on the anterior panel (front cover) clearer for the same reason.


As you can see, I have adjusted the level of opacity in the typography on the front of the digipak and also on the disc itself as well as the track listings on the back. This has ensured that the text remains striking against the (now) more black and white, monochrome background. This is the final edit of my digipak which me and my teacher both agree has seen significant development since my first draft. and is now a marketable product suitable for promoting a musical entity. The final draft of the digipak was (as I have alluded to) strongly inspired by U2's album "War" (1983). This is something that intrigued me: the album I have based the digipak on was released in 1983, a very similar time to which Guns N' Roses (who the band cite as a major influence on their music and image) formed (they formed in 1985). This correlation reassured me slightly that this is (despite the fact I have subverted many conventions) quite a viable digipak to use as a means of marketing the band and promoting their brand identity.

Moreover, I am happy with the latest design for this digipak and do not intend to make any changes as this may overdo the look which would oppose the minimalist approach I am striving for, which me and my teacher (upon comprehensive feedback) agree, is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment