Tuesday 24 June 2014

Brief

I have chosen to create and promote a music video as I am an avid music fan and appreciate an eclectic range of music. Therefore I feel I have sufficient knowledge that can be further developed by comprehensive research from all areas of the music industry i.e. directors of music videos, promotion techniques, production processes etc. I have chosen to select this brief ahead of the others as I am keen on analysing media texts that interest me most, and I feel I would enjoy the task significantly less is I were to analyse and create an advert or short film. A short film would have been enjoyable, however, I prefer the concise nature of a video which will allow more time for promotion and the production of other aspects of the project such as: A cover release - creating a poster/advert and creating a CD case (digipak) that will attract consumers and require meticulous planning, which is why I have chosen a music video as time can be divided equally between the production of the video and promotion/production of the product itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment